Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Invalid object DNA?

New Contributor

Invalid object DNA?

Hi all,

I encountered a very strange issue with my install of SAS EG lately, and have been scratching my head as to what could be causing the issue. There are quite a few similar types of errors here which suggest renaming/deleting a few %appdata% config files to try and alleviate the problem, but nothing has worked. Has anyone encountered the following?

Symptoms include:

- Not being able to view my work library  (or any other library) in the servers browser.

- The following error occurs when I try to do run an import step;

Invalid object DNA
Root element is missing.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.ArgumentException
Source: SAS.Shared
Target Site: .ctor

Stack Trace:
at SAS.Shared.DNADecoder..ctor(String dna)
at SAS.Tasks.ImportData.ImportDataModel.Run(ISASTaskTextWriter LogWriter)
at SAS.Shared.AddIns.Management.AddInProxy.Run(ISASTaskTextWriter LogWriter)
at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.EGTask.CustomJobExecutionThroughSasTaskExecution(Job job)
at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.EGTask.OnJobExecuting(Job job)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.OnExecuting(EventArgs e)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.Execute()
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.HandleJobUnblocked(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Inner Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.Xml.XmlException
Source: System.Xml
Target Site: ThrowWithoutLineInfo

Stack Trace:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at SAS.Shared.DNADecoder..ctor(String dna)

By the way, as I was typing this, I went into EG to get some helpful screenshots of the issue (first time running it today), and it seems to have miraculously fixed itself. I thought I would post this anyway as it would be very useful to find out what the problem could be.

Cheers,

Michael

Super User

Re: Invalid object DNA?

The last section of the error message points to a problem with one of EG's xml config files. Could it be that you had two EG sessions in parallel which both updated the file and then got a garbled content back, and the file was written in a correct manner upon exit/restart?

If it happens again, I'd put it to SAS technical support anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

Re: Invalid object DNA?

Hi Kurt, thanks so much for your response. It is a weird one - I forgo to mention that it affected our other SAS EG installs as well.

I wonder if it's something to do with the way our network/PC's are configured. I suspect it may have something to do with month-end on our end, but I won't be able to test this theory until the end of the month.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation