BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hkotian
Calcite | Level 5
When I import an Information Map (without any filter) in SAS EG it keeps running forever and never gets done..............Why is that ...............
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
This sounds like a question for SAS technical support - it might be specific to your information map.

Is the data in the map very large?

Is the data defined in terms of the SAS server you are using to access it? That is, can your SAS session access it directly or must it connect to another, remote session?

These questions can be tricky to answer unless you are very familiar with how the information map is defined.

SAS Enterprise Guide generates a SAS program to read data from the map, using the information maps library engine (INFOMAPS, or sasioime in the code you see). Can you run that code successfully?

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Jest
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to run a proc mixed analysis for the following data:

ID            Score        year         group        othervariables

1                80             0              1

1                90             1              1

1                77             2              1

2                66             0              0

2                90             3              0

2                82             6              0

.                  .

.                  .

.                  .

So the years with scores are from 0 to 7 but some have scores years 0, 1,2, 3, 6 and some 0, 3, 6 etc. It varies. The dataset is fairly large and includes 17155 observations and 223 variables...I need to adjust for some variables in the model (around 7 etc).

When running the unadjusted model using the following code:

proc mixed data=cup.cup;

class year group;

model F393MSE = group year group*year;

repeated year/ subject=id type=ar(1);

run;

I get the following error:

WARNING: ODS graphics with more than 5000 points have been suppressed. Use the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= )

option in the PROC MIXED statement to change or override the cutoff.

WARNING: Stopped because of infinite likelihood.

I added the  PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= NONE) in the statement, but it didn't work.

Surprisingly, when I added covariates in the model (around seven) the model runs. However, I do need to run the unadjusted.

Also, one other question. How does one run a GLM with REML method and specify the random effects...

Thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation