Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Infomap queries SAS Information Map Studio

Occasional Contributor

Infomap queries SAS Information Map Studio

I am trying to create infomap using SAS Information Map Studio , 

I create a variable that took a period as "201605" and turn it to date like 2016-05-31 , I used this code 

(put((intnx('month', input(cats(<<DM_DATE.MOIS_ET_ANNEE_YYYYMM>>,'01'),yymmdd10.),0,'ending')),yymmdd10.))

the problem is when I am trying to validate the expression I got this error 

Capture.PNG

however when I copy the query used by Infomap on SAS Entreprise Guide it worked 

PROC SQL Outobs=100;
Create table WORK.A44 as
SELECT  DISTINCT 
	 ( (put((intnx('month', input(cats(table0.MOIS_ET_ANNEE_YYYYMM,'01'),yymmdd10.),0,'ending')),yymmdd10.)) )  AS DIR_7 LABEL='Datetest' 
FROM
	abb.DM_DATE table0 
 GROUP BY
	1;
quit;
Super User

Re: Infomap queries SAS Information Map Studio

Remove the << and >>. Valid SAS names consist of letters, digits and underlines, and can't start with a digit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to KurtBremser

thanks @KurtBremser for your answer but The << and >> cames automatically when I select the variable from the data source ! even when removed it nothing change 

Super User

@KurtBremser the <<>> are mandatory when referring to relational data, so that part should be ok.
According to the documentation 'ending' is not a valid alignment option, 'end' is.
Then I would solve this kind data manipulation in the data at rest, rather than in the virtual layer.
Data never sleeps
Super User

What kind of server are you using in Enterprise Guide? The same pooled workspace server, with user asma@saspw, or with a valid operating system account and a standard (non-pooled) workspace server?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation