BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
opossum
Calcite | Level 5
My EG project create a Hundred of TXT files in an Unix directory via EG
2 questions :
1) How can i transfer ( from eg) automatically these files from UNIX to pc by program
2) how could i do the same thing with E mail Filename
Is there any UNIX configuration issue or Windows ?

Thanks in advance
Opossum from France
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

1)
You can't unless you have also a local SAS installed (Server "local") and you also shouldn't store such files locally on your PC.
You could store these files on a network drive which is accessible from both UNIX and your PC. Whether that's possible or not depends on how your environment is set up.
You would use a filename with a UNC path and you could try if this works with a network drive already mapped on your PC. Open a dos prompt and issue command "net use". This will show you the UNC syntax for your mapped drives. Use then this UNC path (plus subpath) in the filename statement and see if it works (if the UNIX server also can access this network drive).
It also depends if processes on the SAS Server run with your user credentials or not. So it could happen that you are able to write these files via SAS but then won't be able to read them with your user (by accessing via mapped network drive on your PC).
I would recommend that you give it a go with one file - and if it doesn't work then ask your SAS Admin how to do it.

2) Should be a simple filename with email engine as documented.
Running "Proc Options group=email; run;" will give you the detail how and if email is set-up in your environment.

HTH
Patrick
opossum
Calcite | Level 5
Thenk you much for your quick and clear answer
I will try
t 'ill tell you more
O Possum

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation