Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Include automatic SAS programs commit to a vbScript

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Include automatic SAS programs commit to a vbScript

Hi,

I have used the vbScritpt automatically generated by the Schedule function in my SAS EG 7.1 as a basis to write a more sophisticated vbScript to meet my needs. I would also like to include in the script an automatic "Commit" to the version control history of the programs contained in my EG project. I could not find any documentation about it in the vbScripting section of SAS support. Is there any way to do it? It would be extremly useful to automatize!!

Thank you for your help in advance,

Lucía

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-31-2017 05:22 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Include automatic SAS programs commit to a vbScript

Yes, EG retrieves the history from the external Git repository, so it will include all commits made, whether committed from inside or outside of EG.

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

Hi @emera86,

Sorry, no, none of the Program History operations are currently exposed in EG's automation interface.

However, if you are working with external SAS programs (referenced in your EG project, stored in an external Git repository), you could probably issue Git commands directly from your VBScript as an alternative.

Casey

Contributor

Thanks for the quick response, Casey.

If I manage to do it directly using Git commands, would I be able to visualize the historial from SAS EG afterwards? 

Thanks again!

Solution
‎03-31-2017 05:22 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, EG retrieves the history from the external Git repository, so it will include all commits made, whether committed from inside or outside of EG.

Contributor

Thanks for the information Casey, it was very useful Smiley Happy
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation