Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

%Include an embedded program

Contributor

%Include an embedded program

This is a very introductory level question that I am sure EG handles in a simple way, but how can I %include an embedded program in my workflow?

Example: Workflow has 2 programs, Program1.SAS and Program2.SAS

Within Program1.SAS I want to %include "Program.SAS"; So basically while Program1 is running tell SAS to take a break, run Program2, then come back and finish Program1.

Mike

Valued Guide

Re: %Include an embedded program

Use a code node? That is not different as to coding in Base.

Would be better to build a flow between the nodes that flow is  controlling (embedding) the programs.

The idea is let it have those smaller pieces and than run them with all dependicies.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Contributor

Thank you for your response. Is the idea with dependencies though to have one program run before the other? How about calling a program from within a program? I could use the %include statement but then it makes me reference the file on the disk. I was hoping for a way to quickly call embedded programs.

Valued Guide

You can use both of them. If you have your to be embedded program somewhere on the OS you can define a link to that as code in the flow.

In a  code node you can include the file (%include) using the full physical name or you can define a filename ,and then user %include filerf(imbedsource) ;

Too many options is making a choice difficult.     

An yes tos flow is running one program behind the other. You can define prompts to those and doing a split on conditions for a branche  in some value

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation