BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Oleg_L
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello EG-users.

I use proc import to import Excel 2003 files. Data contains cyrillic characters.

After importing XLS to SAS dataset cyrillic letters are being convert to some other simbols (readable or unreadable).

Some cyrillic letters become latin letters or digits.

How can i import Excel files without this issue and save original cyrillic characters?

Thanks in advance.

Oleg.

4 REPLIES 4
Caz
Calcite | Level 5 Caz
Calcite | Level 5

DId you ever find out how to do this?

I have the exact same issue and cannot make any sense of the NLS notes.

Using Enterprise Guide 4.3 (with Unix) and Russian data in Excel. Need to import it to SAS but only getting ????? so far.

Oleg_L
Obsidian | Level 7

I use dbms=excelcs and SAS PC-files Server in PROC IMPORT.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Based on Arthur's link, you will need to use the Excel LIBNAME so you can get the NLS support to read the file.  You will not be able to use the basic EGuide import functions as that pulls in the Excel file before the NLS support can be applied.  You may not be able to do this with a Unix platform without also installing the PC Files Server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation