Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide

If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide.

I have not set the AssignMode property in the "Extended Attributes" in the Library property. 

I have a similar Oracle Library for a different Oracle Schema in the same path, and with that library I have no problem at all.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-14-2012 12:13 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide

Hi Fabio, couple of things to make sure:

- delete it and create again

- make sure you assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"

- make sure when you provide information for

- on "assign" tab

selected server would be "sasapp"

- on data server tab

data server

database schema name

connection

-also keep liname and liref name same

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

Re: If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide

Hi,

try :

click tools ---> options ---> SAS Program ---> Submit code when server is connected ---> edit

then copy you libname code there

EG library.png
Occasional Contributor

Hi Linlin,

thank you!

It's a good workaround, but I can't understand why I can't see the library in EG that is preassigned in the Management Console.

If in MC I clear the preassign option, the library return visible in EG, but then I have to manually assign it in EG (unless I use your workaround)

Solution
‎12-14-2012 12:13 PM
Regular Contributor

Hi Fabio, couple of things to make sure:

- delete it and create again

- make sure you assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"

- make sure when you provide information for

- on "assign" tab

selected server would be "sasapp"

- on data server tab

data server

database schema name

connection

-also keep liname and liref name same

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sandy,

thank you very much!

I set the name of the library in the metadata  same as the libref and now is working.

Only a clarification, where is it possible to assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

when you open SAS  MC, Plug-Ins>Data Library Manager> then click on "library"> then double click on library which you wants to assign as pre-assigned to view property of library> go to options>click on advance options

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sandy, thanks for your great help!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, Just in case does anyone know how to pre-assign a SAP R3 library in SMC. After following the above steps, SAP R3 library does not have "Advance Options" where we usually pre-assign. Please advise.

Super Contributor

what version of EG and SAS etc are you using?

Occasional Contributor

sas 9.2 with guide 4.3

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation