BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
papertrail
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I'm using EG 6.1 on Windows 10 and I have a display problem: The text in the program editor is huge while the icons are really small. The issue seems to be related to my display options: Due to my high screen resolution I use the option to scale the screen elements up to 200%. That's the amount the editor window is to big. If I turn that option off the editor window has a pleasant size (but everything else is far too small of course). On the other hand the icons are not scaled at all. The keep the same size no matter what zoom factor I choose in the Windows options. Like this EG is hardly usable for me. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @papertrail,

We are aware of this issue, where high DPI settings (greater than 100%) over-scale the program editor.  We plan to fix it in a future release.  For now, to workaround this issue, we suggest going to Program->Editor Options...->Appearance tab, and setting the Size to a smaller, more reasonable size.

Note: You'll have to set it separately for both File type: SAS Program File, SAS Log File, etc. to update both code, log, etc.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that a fix for this issue (the over-scaling of the program editor (and data grid)) has been addressed in the first update (HF1) to EG 7.15, which will be released before the end of this year.

This thread has a little more info:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Display-Issues-SAS-E-Guide-on-Windows-10/m-p/411...

Note: The icons will still be small in high resolutions for now, since they are fixed-size images.  We are moving to SVG (Scaleable Vector Graphics) icons in our next release, which will allow the icons to scale (and look good, since no stretching) as well.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation