Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to view datasets in Enterprise Guide when working interactively

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to view datasets in Enterprise Guide when working interactively

I am transitioning from Base SAS to Enterprise Guide and am trying to figure out how to maintain my interactive workflow.  In Base SAS, I will typically run code line by line while I am testing to so that I can carefully watch the log.  I have figured out how to do this using the project log in EG, but I am running into an issue with finding datasets after I run another step.  For example, consider the following nonsensical code:

data test;
infile datalines delimiter=',';
input var1 $ var2 ;
datalines;
a , 1
b, 2
c,3
;

%put hello world;

data test2;
set test;
if var2=1 then var2=4;
run;

When I run the first data step, 'test' is created and I can see it in the process flow.  Then, when I run the put statement, the dataset 'test' disappears from the process flow. Where did it go? How do I see my working directory?  When I run the second data step, 'test2' is successfully created.  Therefore, the dataset 'test' must still exist as it is being used to create 'test2', but I don't see it in the process flow to view it.  How do I view datasets after running additional lines of code?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

Re: How to view datasets in Enterprise Guide when working interactively

You can set EG to automatically add results to the process flow (Tools - Options - Results)

To see datasets in your WORK, navigate to SASApp - Libraries - WORK in the server list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
3 weeks ago
Super User

You can set EG to automatically add results to the process flow (Tools - Options - Results)

To see datasets in your WORK, navigate to SASApp - Libraries - WORK in the server list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Thank you. Sorry for such a newbie question.
Super User

astein2 wrote:
Thank you. Sorry for such a newbie question.

No problem. Getting used to the peculiarities of user interfaces takes its time.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation