BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bmsampath
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All.

I need your suggestion on how to suppress the license warning message in SAS EG. 

Thanks,

Sampath

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

The easiest way would be to update the license.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think there is a way to suppress it.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Any option to suppress this warning would be a VERY DUMB IDEA, as it might lead to missing the final expiration, ending up with a real showstopper.

Renew your license, it's no big deal.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bmsampath,

I guess this question comes from a business requirement. I.e: several healthcare and pharma companies that consider WARNINGs as errors, so they have 0 tolerance to those messages. 

As you have been well advised, the best and only way to move forward is to renew the license. I understand that perhaps you/your company are restricted by the renewal payment. The solution: I think your company would need to align with your finance department and your SAS representative and SAS contracts in order to receive the renewed license earlier than default, to avoid those warning messages. in the future.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As others have said, the inconvenience of the message is real, but the confusion caused by an expired SAS license can cause bigger issues.  EG and other clients can't connect at all to an expired SAS -- the SAS session doesn't even get far enough to report that the reason you can't continue is an expired license.  In this way, the cause of the error is almost impossible for an end user to diagnose.

An option to suppress or "snooze" might be nice, but it would have to be applied judiciously. 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
NJ19
Calcite | Level 5

it is unbelievable that SAS doesnt have a snooze or dismiss button. The license expires after 2 months, i am supposed to put up with this until then? this is 21st century, we should be able to dismiss notifications. Specially since as user that has no admin rights or any control over the sas license expiry. Can a sas personnel address this? Just because people have been putting up with it for so long doesnt mean we need to continue this way. There are better ways for example email reminders or reminder only for the admin. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
In later versions of EG (8.1 and later I think), this message is added to the top status bar and isn't so disruptive.
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 in conversation