BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cody_q
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all ,

I have tried using the (2) suggested methods of changing variable from nominal to interval and also to add   %let EM_TRAIN_MAXLEVELS=n; to project start code.

My dataset doesnt allow me to choose interval and i have placed the code in the Code utility .

Currently, the flow is SAS Code -> Dataset -> Decision tree

In my dataset i have user_id , item_id , results cols .

results is 1 for followed , -1 for not following

I wanna based the decision tree on 2 leave nodes ( followed ) or (not followed)

Thanks
YL

1 REPLY 1
kingsley
Calcite | Level 5

This error does not necessarily mean that there is a problem. If you encounter this error and do not suspect a problem with your data, then you can eliminate this message in two ways.

• Change the level of the variable from Nominal to Interval in the data source.
  •   Add the following line of code in the Project Start Code: 

%let EM_TRAIN_MAXLEVELS=n;

N equals the maximum number of levels that you want to allow.

Use whichever method you judge to be statistically appropriate for your analysis.

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/054.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation