Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to set Missing=0 or " "

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to set Missing=0 or " "

[ Edited ]

I've looked at several different solutions on how to replace the "." when values are missing with either a space or a 0.  I know I succeeded once before, but it's been a while and I have absolutely no idea where I did it.  The current focus is for the results of a query.  I will never understand the notion of using a dot when missing.  What's wrong with just leaving it blank??  Sigh

Can someone PLEASE draw me a map with a somewhat detailed list of steps in how to find it?  Tools > Options > LOST Smiley Sad

Thanks for your patience and help!

Rita Yee

Project Engineer

FedEx Express - Global Trade Services

PS, I am using Enterprise Guide interface and have no experience with coding

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-09-2018 12:51 PM
PROC Star

Re: How to set Missing=0 or " "

You can add the option "missing=0" and it will only affect the presentation not the actual figures.

If you want to change the figure you can create calculated members using ifn(var=.,0,var).

You can set the option in Tools -> Options SAS-program. I have a swedish version, but I hope you can figure it out Smiley Happy

image.png

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-09-2018 12:51 PM
PROC Star

Re: How to set Missing=0 or " "

You can add the option "missing=0" and it will only affect the presentation not the actual figures.

If you want to change the figure you can create calculated members using ifn(var=.,0,var).

You can set the option in Tools -> Options SAS-program. I have a swedish version, but I hope you can figure it out Smiley Happy

image.png

//Fredrik

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation