Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to retrieve the Server and Path of a task from a custom task

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to retrieve the Server and Path of a task from a custom task

Does anyone know how to obtain the full path to the a sas file from a custom task?

I am looking to retrieve the values of the FilePath and Server to run on - properties found when I click right on a node in the process Flow project tree.

I've enumerated as follows:

List<ISASProjectTask> tasks = flow.GetTasks();
foreach (ISASProjectTask t in tasks)
{
   ISASProjectItem i = (ISASProjectItem)t;
  ISASProjectData pd = (ISASProjectData)t;

}

However - there is no data required so the ISASProjectData is empty, I can get the Name from the ISASProjectItem. (I was hoping that the path would be valid)

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-09-2016 06:42 AM
Community Manager

Re: How to retrieve the Server and Path of a task from a custom task

Hi @abbieagocs - just to help close the loop on this in the forum (as we discussed in e-mail offline).

There isn't a documented method for pulling the full path of the SAS program file.  There are some tricks you can try (which I sent in e-mail), but those approaches will limit the support of your task to a specific EG version and it can be difficult to maintain.

This SAS Project Demo example on GitHub shows how you can pull SAS code from a project/process flow.  That might help, depending on what you're trying to do.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-09-2016 06:42 AM
Community Manager

Re: How to retrieve the Server and Path of a task from a custom task

Hi @abbieagocs - just to help close the loop on this in the forum (as we discussed in e-mail offline).

There isn't a documented method for pulling the full path of the SAS program file.  There are some tricks you can try (which I sent in e-mail), but those approaches will limit the support of your task to a specific EG version and it can be difficult to maintain.

This SAS Project Demo example on GitHub shows how you can pull SAS code from a project/process flow.  That might help, depending on what you're trying to do.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation