Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to excluding customers which do not have any change?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to excluding customers which do not have any change?

Hello,

I use Enterprise Guide and I have an input data attached. my goal is to provide a report that shows only customers that the risk amounts varied between two dates.

I use "Summary Tables" in "Describe" part, but i couldnt find how to exclude the customers that do not have any change of amounts. I dont wanna see them in my report. How can i do it?

as i guess, i have to use formulas but which one and how? Or any other solutions for my problem.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Monday
New Contributor

Re: How to excluding customers which do not have any change?

Thanks for comments. Finally, i had a solution in that way: i got the related columns for two dates in 2 different data. then in a 3. data, i just summarized customer no s. then, join 3 tables based with comstomer ids and had a data by customer id and columns for two dates. maybe i coludnt explain well, but i got what i need.

Again thanks for comments.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Posted in reply to emrahbagci82

Some of us will not open .xlsx files because it is a security risk. Can you put your data into a different format, such as .csv or .txt?

--
Paige Miller
New Contributor

Posted in reply to PaigeMiller

Is at ok attached?

PROC Star

1. Summarize your data by customer and amount.

2. From that summary, summarize by customer. Extract the customers that only have one record. These are the ones where amount didn't change.

3. Remove those customers from your original dataset.

There are a number of technical ways to do this, both with coding and using the EG tasks.

Tom

New Contributor

If i exclude customers have one record, i wont see the change of them. i mean, maybe in first date it has a record, but next date it closed, but there is a change for that customer between 2 dates. I must see this.

PROC Star

Good point. After you summarize, I should have said exclude the customers with one record but a count of more than one, which will mean they had more than one original record but the amounts are the same.

Tom

Solution
Monday
New Contributor

Thanks for comments. Finally, i had a solution in that way: i got the related columns for two dates in 2 different data. then in a 3. data, i just summarized customer no s. then, join 3 tables based with comstomer ids and had a data by customer id and columns for two dates. maybe i coludnt explain well, but i got what i need.

Again thanks for comments.

Best regards.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation