Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to embed all SAS code into SEG project?

Frequent Contributor

How to embed all SAS code into SEG project?

[ Edited ]

I know how to embed individual SAS code links in SEG.  Is there a way to tell SEG to embed all SAS code at once?

Conversely, is there a way to Save As all embeded SAS code into separate SAS code snippets?  I know I can save the entire SEG project as one giant SAS code module and I can save each code module as a SAS code.  But can I point SEG to a folder (in my case it's Windows) and have it use the existing module names to create separate SAS code files with *.sas extensions?

What I am trying to do is to import multiple SAS programs into SEG.  These are all parts of the code system used to run annual reports.  I need to make changes to those modules, run the new report based on the previous report's code and then save the updated code to a new location preserving the structure of the previous report.  I really don't want to merge all those multiple SAS code modules into a single giant SAS code module.

Also, I thought there was an OPTION for changing what happens when SAS code is opened in SEG.  By default, external SAS code is linked.  I thought I remembered an option to automatically embed rather than link the code.  Can's seem to find that option in SEG 7.11.  Am I imagning things?

Thanks in advance.

Super User

Re: How to embed all SAS code into SEG project?

It sounds like the tool you are looking for is %INCLUDE:

options source2;

%include '\path\to\one\program.sas';

%include '\path\to\another\program.sas';

Any of the files can be updated, and the same project then would %INCLUDE the updated code.

Frequent Contributor

Not sure what you are thinking, Astounding. %INCLUDE has nothing to do with embedding. I already use %INCLUDE to assemble individual SAS modules into the final execution sequence.
Super User

Sorry, my bad.

Frequent Contributor

No biggie. Thanks for trying, anyways.
PROC Star

Probably through the Automation facilities, but it'll definitely take some effort.

Tom

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation