Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to decrease code

Frequent Contributor

How to decrease code

HI,

i have a code I should the records which has only those vendors names but I have 30 vendor names and I don't want to type all those vendor names so is there any way . keeping all those 30 vendor names in excel and can call it using macro . Any  idea ?? Pls help

Trusted Advisor

Re: How to decrease code

Can you provide more details about what you want to do? What should the code do? What output should the code have?

Valued Guide

You can import the excel file and write it out to a sas dataset that you can call on, you can write the 30 names into a proc format.  I'm sure there are other options but without more details it's hard to help.

Super User

Import the list of vendors into SAS.

Create a proper cntlin file for proc format that assigns the value 1 to all vendors, and attach a line for "other" that assigns 0,

Aplly that format in a data step and keep only the records where the formatted value is 1.

If you're not yet firm with all these procedures/steps, copy/paste the list into the EG code window and reformat it manually so that it can be used in an "in" condition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User
Super User

Hi,

proc import datafile="xyz.xlsx" out=temp;

run;

proc sql;

create table WANT as

select      *

from         HAVE

where     VENDOR in (select distinct COL1 from TEMP);