BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SMR
Fluorite | Level 6 SMR
Fluorite | Level 6
Is there a way to copy and paste a process flow from one data input set to another data input set?

For example, I created a process flow for a data set say 'Jan', that includes a series of tasks say import, query, tranpose, analyse, etc. Now if I want to repeat the same process for another data set say 'Feb', how can I copy the process flow and link it with a new set of 'Feb' data.

Further, how is it possible to copy a query from one process flow and paste in another process flow with its input data changed?
4 REPLIES 4
skeenan
Calcite | Level 5
I'm having similar difficulties. Have you been able to make a process flow repeatable? I'd rather not have to re-enter the individual queries over and over or change the code over and over.

Any suggestions out there?
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
Could you put an icon at the start of the process flow that does a filter & query which copies the desired dataset into work.temp. Then, have the flow process things from work.temp. To change the dataset, just go into that first icon and move a different dataset into work.temp. Alternately, if you store the various datasets in different folders, you can do a temp assign of a library nickname to different folders each time you want to run the flow.
JPC
Calcite | Level 5 JPC
Calcite | Level 5
I know this thread is old, but here is what I do.

Duplicate the .egp file, then repoint the first dataset to the new file. Save the project as a new egp file.

This works nicely, but beware that the two projects will share any temporary/working datasets.

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation