Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How to copy a process flow to a new data set?

Occasional Contributor SMR
Occasional Contributor

How to copy a process flow to a new data set?

Is there a way to copy and paste a process flow from one data input set to another data input set?

For example, I created a process flow for a data set say 'Jan', that includes a series of tasks say import, query, tranpose, analyse, etc. Now if I want to repeat the same process for another data set say 'Feb', how can I copy the process flow and link it with a new set of 'Feb' data.

Further, how is it possible to copy a query from one process flow and paste in another process flow with its input data changed?
New Contributor

Re: How to copy a process flow to a new data set?

I'm having similar difficulties. Have you been able to make a process flow repeatable? I'd rather not have to re-enter the individual queries over and over or change the code over and over.

Any suggestions out there?
Contributor

Could you put an icon at the start of the process flow that does a filter & query which copies the desired dataset into work.temp. Then, have the flow process things from work.temp. To change the dataset, just go into that first icon and move a different dataset into work.temp. Alternately, if you store the various datasets in different folders, you can do a temp assign of a library nickname to different folders each time you want to run the flow.
New Contributor JPC
New Contributor

I know this thread is old, but here is what I do.

Duplicate the .egp file, then repoint the first dataset to the new file. Save the project as a new egp file.

This works nicely, but beware that the two projects will share any temporary/working datasets.

Cheers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation