BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EdBe
Calcite | Level 5

Mr. Hemedinger says in this post:

SAS Report: You’re soaking in it - The SAS Dummy

that to convert SAS report to PDF in E.G. you can do "File->New->Report".

But does not .srx count as an SAS report?   When I do File->New->Report" and navigate

to my .srx file, it's not even recognized, it says <Project does not contain results in SAS Report Format>

But yet when I double-click on it in EG, it displays the .srx report just fine. Is srx not just as good a SAS

report format, and is there no easy way to convert it to PDF?

Thanks, and cheers - Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ed you got it PDF HTML RTF are to different in their structure for easy conversions. So SAS added the SRX format with more functionality as either of them.
You can do some bad words on that.
Or
think about using proc document of ODS  SAS(R) 9.4 Output Delivery System: User's Guide, Second Edition

Storing output fist and afterwards creating the wanted  structure later.

Within Eguide you could choose to generate all outputtypes in the same run. It is an option/setting

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jwillis
Quartz | Level 8

Dear EdBe,

I am new to Enterprise Guide and Web Report Studio.  Can you use Web Report Studio to "Print" your .srx file?

" And of course, you can "print" SAS Web Report Studio reports to PDF."

I'll be following your question to find out how to use WRS .srx files in an EG project.  Thank you for posting the question!

EdBe
Calcite | Level 5

It's a good idea, and it would work well on an OS that I'd prefer to be using ;-).  But in this case I'm on a Windows machine and the only option from the "print" dialog is  - in typical Microsoft fashion - to print to an XPS file, which is if anything *less* useful to me than the .srx file.   I don't *think* there's any other way to print, other than that.  Thanks - Ed

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ed you got it PDF HTML RTF are to different in their structure for easy conversions. So SAS added the SRX format with more functionality as either of them.
You can do some bad words on that.
Or
think about using proc document of ODS  SAS(R) 9.4 Output Delivery System: User's Guide, Second Edition

Storing output fist and afterwards creating the wanted  structure later.

Within Eguide you could choose to generate all outputtypes in the same run. It is an option/setting

---->-- ja karman --<-----
EdBe
Calcite | Level 5

I guess that's the way to go, then.  It's just that I came back to a project I hadn't looked at in a few weeks, and there was a .srx file which I had created, but I couldn't recall how I created it, so I thought it would be useful (for this case and for future reference) to just be able to convert it quickly and get it to the outside world in a usable form to refer to.  I guess I'll go back to the start and do it right this time. Thanks, and cheers - Ed

longwest
Calcite | Level 5

I also don't know how to convert a .srx file to a .pdf file, I searched it on google, most pdf converter don't mention srx.

So lucky to find guide here, Thank you all for the posts,Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation