BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

I have code where ods tagsets are used to create multitab .xls file . once code is executed in SAS EG I can see the outputs in SAS result window .

I want to restrict the outputs which will be displayed in the SAS result window; for that purpose I used ODS _all_close . but after using this I could not print any output in SAS result window .Only part which was before this could be seen in the SAS result window . I think it closed all output destination .

Can any one tell me how to open all destination or some thing just opposite of "ODS _all_close" . Does SAS has some thing ODS _all_ Open kind of feature ? Or anyother way to deal with problem.

I have tried to restrict using  ods listing close , ods result off  etc but it did not work.

I could manage in listing output but not in SAS result window.

see the attached dummy code which reproduces it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

EG generates the ODS destinations with an ID= attribute, which you can use to your advantage to toggle the flow of output.

Supposing that you are using the default SAS Report output destination, you can "turn off" the output to it with:

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select NONE;

When you want it on again, use:

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select ALL;

These statements would be slightly different for the HTML destination.  Example:

ODS HTML(ID=EGHTML) select NONE;

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can control how EG generates ODS statements in the Program properties.  See this blog post for details:

Take control of ODS results in SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ucvikas
Obsidian | Level 7

Chris . Thanks for the link but I did not find what I am looking for. Still puzzled with use of ods _all_ close together with ods tagsets .

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

EG generates the ODS destinations with an ID= attribute, which you can use to your advantage to toggle the flow of output.

Supposing that you are using the default SAS Report output destination, you can "turn off" the output to it with:

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select NONE;

When you want it on again, use:

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) select ALL;

These statements would be slightly different for the HTML destination.  Example:

ODS HTML(ID=EGHTML) select NONE;

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation