BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rdoshi10
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

For some reason the column headers on tables in results tab display in German.  All other EG menus are English.  I live in Switzerland using a local PC but the Windows 7 Regional Settings are set to US English.  Can anyone advise on how to make the results tab content display in English as well?    See attached screen shot.

SAS EG Results tab.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Check the LOCALE= and other options for your SAS session:

proc options group=languagecontrol; run;

If you want the results to be in English, run OPTIONS LOCALE=EN_US.

You say that the Windows 7 Regional Settings are set to US English.  I would expect the EG locale to also use US English.  Obviously the application uses English in the UI, but that may be because you do not have the German localizations installed for EG.  It's also possible that your local version of SAS is configured to run in German by default.

Another way to "force" EG to a specific locale: change your EG shortcut to include a command-line argument:

../SEGuide.exe /culture:en

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
iank
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, except my SAS version is in Spanish.

What I have done: Options>>General EG language settings set to English (United States) and also checked the Set server locale on selected EG language, which means my EG interface is all in English, but the results come out in Spanish. See the attached screen shot. Where it should say "Procedure", out comes Spanish "Procedimiento"; where it should say "Variable of Analysis", the equivalent is Spanish comes out; same for all the names of the summary statistics.

I run Windows 7, 64 bit version of EG and Base SAS of 9.4.

Could some one please let us know how to change this so the results come out in English.

Thanks

Ian.

Captura1.JPG

iank
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

I forgot to say that I ran:

proc options group=languagecontrol; run;

and ES_ES was the default language.

Then I ran:

OPTIONS LOCALE=EN_US; run;

which changed the language to EN_US

but the output still gives the names of the summary statistics variables in Spanish. i.e. nothing has changed.

Regards

Ian.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation