BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dick_Shryock
Calcite | Level 5

I have two different machines running EG 4.3.  On one machine if I do a Tasks/Describe/List Data once the task runs the HTML Output shows up in my project flow.  On the other machine it doesn't show the result.  I have perused the Tools/Options settings but can't seem to find what I need to check to get the HTML output to show in the Project Flow on Both machines.  Can anyone help me with this

question.

Thanks,

dick shryock

10 REPLIES 10
Jay_TxOAG
Quartz | Level 8

Check Tools/Options/Results General... and see if you have any Result Formats checked

Dick_Shryock
Calcite | Level 5

Yup HTML

-d

Jay_TxOAG
Quartz | Level 8

How about Tools/Options/Project Views/Show Generated Results (under Process Flow)...is it checked?

Dick_Shryock
Calcite | Level 5

Alas that is checked also...

-d

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Dick,

Just Try this...

Tools->Options->Results General ->Result formats->HTML and Default to HTML from SAS Report

Thanks,

Shiva

Jay_TxOAG
Quartz | Level 8

Have you checked the log for your LIST task? To make sure it is producing output...

You could also try selecting the RESET ALL button in the bottom left part of the options window....

Dick_Shryock
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help, when I look at the log I see the following Warning:

WARNING: No output destinations active.

I don't believe that I explicitly turn off output destinations but the apparently are turned off none the less. How do I turn them on?

Can't seem to find an "OPTIONS" command that will do the trick.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You might need to talk to Tech Support about this one.  It seems as though you might have an option with some startup code that is interfering.  If you attach the complete log output to a posting here, we might be able to determine the problem.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Dick_Shryock
Calcite | Level 5

Can I do this right here???

LOG Follows

1                                                      The SAS System                            05:45 Tuesday, May 15, 2012

1      ;*';*";*/;quit;run;
2      OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN;
3      %_eg_hidenotesandsource;
17     /* -------------------------------------------------------------------
18        Code generated by SAS Task
20        Generated on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 05:54:56
21        By task: List Data
23        Input Data: WORK.AGE_LE_18_REVISITS
24        Server:  SASMain
25        ------------------------------------------------------------------- */
27     %_eg_conditional_dropds(WORK.SORTTempTableSorted);
28     /* -------------------------------------------------------------------
29        Sort data set WORK.AGE_LE_18_REVISITS
30        ------------------------------------------------------------------- */
32     PROC SQL;
33    CREATE VIEW WORK.SORTTempTableSorted AS
34    SELECT T.Encounter, T.MedRecNum, T.VisibleName, T.Age, T.Sex, T.ArrivalDT, T.Complaint, T.DispositionDT, T.Disposition,
34   !  T.Destination, T.CountMedRecNum
35    FROM WORK.AGE_LE_18_REVISITS as T
36     ;

NOTE: SQL view WORK.SORTTEMPTABLESORTED has been defined.

37     QUIT;

NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time):

real time       0.00 seconds
  cpu time        0.00 seconds

38     TITLE;
39     TITLE1 "Emergency Services";
40     TITLE2 "Emergency Department";
41     TITLE3 "Report Listing";
42     FOOTNOTE;
43     FOOTNOTE1 "Created by Dick Shryock, Manager Emergency IT";
44     FOOTNOTE2 "Generated by the SAS  on %TRIM(%QSYSFUNC(DATE(), NLDATE20.)) at %TRIM(%SYSFUNC(TIME(), TIMEAMPM12.))";
46     PROC PRINT DATA=WORK.SORTTempTableSorted
47    NOOBS
48    LABEL
49    ;
50    VAR Encounter MedRecNum VisibleName Age Sex ArrivalDT Complaint DispositionDT Disposition Destination CountMedRecNum;
51     RUN;

WARNING: No output destinations active.

NOTE: PROCEDURE PRINT used (Total process time):

52     /* -------------------------------------------------------------------
53        End of task code.
54        ------------------------------------------------------------------- */
55     RUN; QUIT;
56     %_eg_conditional_dropds(WORK.SORTTempTableSorted);
2                                                      The SAS System                            05:45 Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NOTE: View WORK.SORTTEMPTABLESORTED has been dropped.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time):

57     TITLE; FOOTNOTE;
60     %_eg_hidenotesandsource;
73     QUIT; RUN;

:

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I see that you have the "Show ODS wrapper in log" option turned OFF.  In order to see the useful information, you'll need to turn that on and re-run.  See image attached.

More about this particular option at http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2010/12/17/sas-logs-in-enterprise-guide-wheres-the-beef/

showods.png

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation