Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

How do load macros as part of the autoexec process flow in Enterprise Guide?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor KAZ
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do load macros as part of the autoexec process flow in Enterprise Guide?

I am creating a program that runs as part of my autoexec process flow.  I want to load the macros I will use during my EG project.

I have stored all my needed macros in one directory: C:\macros;

For example, one file in that directory might be macro_test.sas:

%macro test;

%put Hello World;

%mend test;

How do I compile all the macros in that directory without using an %include statement for each program?

My first thought is:

options mautosource sasautos=("C:\macros\ ");

but when I then try to invoke %test I get the following error:  Apparent invocation of macro TEST not resolved.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-04-2016 10:14 AM
Super User

Re: How do load macros as part of the autoexec process flow in Enterprise Guide?

SASAUTOS is a good way to go, but ...

The most important change to make is that the name of the macro should match the name of the file holding the macro.  For example, the macro %test should be stored within test.sas (not within macro_test.sas).

It is possible you will need to change the path slightly to "C:\macros" rather than "C:\macros\ ".  You'll find out quickly enough whether that change is also needed.

Also note, if you encounter the issue you described, you must either restart the EG session or (better) issue this statement:

options MRECALL;

Otherwise, SAS stops searching for macros once a single search has failed.  This option restores the search process.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎08-04-2016 10:14 AM
Super User

Re: How do load macros as part of the autoexec process flow in Enterprise Guide?

SASAUTOS is a good way to go, but ...

The most important change to make is that the name of the macro should match the name of the file holding the macro.  For example, the macro %test should be stored within test.sas (not within macro_test.sas).

It is possible you will need to change the path slightly to "C:\macros" rather than "C:\macros\ ".  You'll find out quickly enough whether that change is also needed.

Also note, if you encounter the issue you described, you must either restart the EG session or (better) issue this statement:

options MRECALL;

Otherwise, SAS stops searching for macros once a single search has failed.  This option restores the search process.

Super User

Just to verify: C:\macros is on the server (in case of a server based setup)?
Data never sleeps
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation