BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kenny
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm modifying all sorts of style attributes in the style manager/editor with great results in EG 3. However, there seems to be no way to move the banner image to the left (it defaults to center.)

any help is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Kenny,

I'm afraid not. EG forces the banner image to be centered. The only suggestion I can offer is to increase the width of the image file to the right with white space, thus the pretty part of the image will appear more to the left when viewed in a browser.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kenny
Obsidian | Level 7
That's not terrible news - at least I know I'm not a complete idiot! I'll have to suggest this as a new feature (unless it's already in 4.0?)

It just does not look right of you have a report left justified, and the image is skewed to the right. Perhaps for now I'll just go back to centering my reports.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Chris,

Do you know if it is now possible to left-justify banners in EG 4.1? Your previous answer referred to EG 3.0 in 2006.

That is the standard format required for our reports. Otherwise, we'll have to skip the banner altogether. Thanks!
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The answer is still the same for EG 4.1. You can have a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb -- search for "eguide banner" (no quotes) and you'll find a number of SAS notes on the topic. Something in there might lead you to a solution for you.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Depending on your destination of choice (HTML, RTF, PDF), you CAN get a left-justified image by taking the image out of the CSS file and moving it into a title statement, using ODS ESCAPECHAR:
[pre]
ods html file='leftlogo.html' style=sasweb;

ods escapechar='~';
title j=l '~S={preimage="http://www.wombat.com/logo.gif"} ' j=c 'Rest of Title';

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;
ods html close;

OR

title1 j=l '~S={preimage="http://www.wombat.com/logo.gif"} ' ;
title2 j=c 'Rest of Title';
[/pre]
You may or may not like the way it looks -- you don't have as much control over sizing as you do with CSS and you have to specify the preimage location differently for HTML vs RTF and PDF:
HTML = where the image will be when the HTML page is loaded by the browser
RTF/PDF = where the image will be when the RTF/PDF file is CREATED

But this might be an alternative for you. Note that the ODS ESCAPECHAR that you declare in the ODS ESCAPECHAR statement must be the same one that you use in the TITLE statement (in my example, I use the tilde ~).

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation