BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi EG community,

I'm using EG 8.3 (and am new to EG) and don't see how I can hide a column when viewing a data set.  It seems like I should be able to right click and see a "hide" option.  I can move columns just fine, but not hide.  Is this an option I have to set somewhere in tools/options?  I've looked through section 6 of the 8.3 user's guide and also searched it for "hide", but no luck. 

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

Kevin,

There is a configuration option you can set in the appSettings section of the SEGuide.exe.config file (found in the Eguide installation folder) called 'EnableDataGridHideHold' that if set to True, will enable the menu items Hide and Hold on the Data Grid columns for a data set.  See if that might work for you.

<appSettings>
<add key="EnableDataGridHideHold" value="true" />
</appSettings>

hide option.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
vijaypratap0195
Obsidian | Level 7

To hide or select columns to view in the SAS data grid, you can use the following steps:

1. Open the SAS data grid that contains the columns you want to hide or view.

2. Right-click on the column header that you want to hide or view.

3. In the context menu that appears, select "Column Control."

4. In the Column Control dialog box, you can use the checkboxes to hide or show specific columns, or you can use the "Select All" checkbox to toggle all columns.

5. Click "OK" to apply your changes.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Columns" option in the SAS data grid's main menu to manage the visibility of columns. Select the "Columns" option and then select "Column Control" to open the same dialog box mentioned above.

kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you @vijaypratap0195  -- yes, it seems like it should be as straightforward as a right click, but I don't have the option you describe:

kschott_0-1682102694618.png

mtnbikerjoshua
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @kschott,

One way you can do this is by clicking the "Filter and Sort" button at the top of the data grid and selecting the columns you want to see. It is not as easy as a right click, but it does the job.

mtnbikerjoshua_0-1682105782030.png

Best,

Joshua

kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Joshua @mtnbikerjoshua .  If only I had that option....

kschott_0-1682340727871.png

Am I missing enabling these setting in my "options"?  I looked, no luck.  But again, new to EG.

Roadie and gravel here - maybe that's my problem 😆

-Kevin

PopCorn14
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @kschott,
I know what you mean. It used to be so easy with SAS EG 7.X to hide a column.
You do have the option "Filter and Sort". It is not as obvious as before. On your picture, you can see the "Tasks" between QueryBuilder and Share. Just click Tasks and you should be able to view that specific option.
kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @PopCorn14 and all for trying to help me with this seemingly super straightforward problem. Alas,

kschott_0-1682346353694.png

This has got to be a problem with how my account was setup, or the EG installation, or permissions, or .....?

If it turns out I really am just not seeing how to do it and it IS right there, I'm going to change my SAS communities name 😆.

-K

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I do not like the new appearance in EG 8.x either
jebjur
SAS Employee

Kevin,

There is a configuration option you can set in the appSettings section of the SEGuide.exe.config file (found in the Eguide installation folder) called 'EnableDataGridHideHold' that if set to True, will enable the menu items Hide and Hold on the Data Grid columns for a data set.  See if that might work for you.

<appSettings>
<add key="EnableDataGridHideHold" value="true" />
</appSettings>

hide option.jpg

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@jebjur - Works for me in EG 8.3! Great to see this functionality back!

PopCorn14
Obsidian | Level 7

Merci beaucoup @jebjur. This is GREAT news. It worked for me too now on SAS EG 8.3. However, I had to ask the SAS adminstrator to do it for me. It is SO MUCH FASTER this way.

kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @jebjur -- I won't be in a position to test it for a while, but from the experiences of @PopCorn14 and @SASKiwi, I'm sure it will work for me!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@jebjur , @kschott - Now waiting for the "freeze column" feature to be added back in too!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 7 in conversation