BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am running a job in DI Studio job. I am using a permanent cross reference table(SAS dataset) to load an oracle dimension table. So if some error occurs while loading to the oracle table i want that the data that is loaded in cross reference table should be rolled back. Is that possible? I tried ERRLIMIT = 1. But this works only for rdbms tables or pc files. What is the option for sas datasets?
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you DI Studio job create a backup-copy of the SAS dataset, then detect an Oracle table load error, and conditionally restore the SAS dataset on an error condition? I expect that you will find SAS automatic macro variable(s) set with a code depending in the success of your Oracle connection, as long as you can continue executing your job after the error occurs to clean-up (your application code) as needed.

You may find useful information at the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website either using the SEARCH facility or with using the Google advanced search argument listed below:

oracle error handling site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Scott for your suggestion 🙂 I am working on it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation