Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Histogram with 's' and 'na' as variables

Frequent Contributor

Histogram with 's' and 'na' as variables

Hello everybody,

I want to plot histogram of a variable, which has character values. Values of variable interest has regular numeric values such as (1,23,4) , 'na' to indicate not applicable and 's' to indicate supressed value.

I am wondering if any body has done anything similar or has any paper to reference it.

thank you.

Trusted Advisor

Re: Histogram with 's' and 'na' as variables

Do you want your na and s values to be on the histogram, or do you want to remove them before you chart the data?

Frequent Contributor

I want them to be included.

Trusted Advisor

Although I will always defer to Cynthia on matters SAS, when I tried this out upon your original post I used a different task:

Use the Bar Chart choice on the Graphs menu item;

Pick a Simple Vertical Bar;

Select the Data tab on the left, and drag your variable to the Column to chart area;

Click on Run.

SAS Super FREQ

Hi: If you are using Enterprise Guide tasks, then choose the One-way frequency choice on the Task menu (Tasks-->Describe-->One-Way Frequency) and then on the panel on the left, choose Plots and select either a horizontal or vertical plot. Or, if you are typing code, then investigate the PLOTS=(ALL) option for the TABLES statement in PROC FREQ. A screen shot of the Task window for Plots is shown (this is a partial page from the course notes for the Enterprise Guide 1 course SAS Training in the United States -- SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting ).

cynthia

one_way_frequencies_choose_plot.png
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation