BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello everybody,

I want to plot histogram of a variable, which has character values. Values of variable interest has regular numeric values such as (1,23,4) , 'na' to indicate not applicable and 's' to indicate supressed value.

I am wondering if any body has done anything similar or has any paper to reference it.

thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Do you want your na and s values to be on the histogram, or do you want to remove them before you chart the data?

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

I want them to be included.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Although I will always defer to Cynthia on matters SAS, when I tried this out upon your original post I used a different task:

Use the Bar Chart choice on the Graphs menu item;

Pick a Simple Vertical Bar;

Select the Data tab on the left, and drag your variable to the Column to chart area;

Click on Run.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: If you are using Enterprise Guide tasks, then choose the One-way frequency choice on the Task menu (Tasks-->Describe-->One-Way Frequency) and then on the panel on the left, choose Plots and select either a horizontal or vertical plot. Or, if you are typing code, then investigate the PLOTS=(ALL) option for the TABLES statement in PROC FREQ. A screen shot of the Task window for Plots is shown (this is a partial page from the course notes for the Enterprise Guide 1 course SAS Training in the United States -- SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting ).

cynthia

one_way_frequencies_choose_plot.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation