BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sean_OConnor
Fluorite | Level 6

Folks,

I notice in my dataset that there appears to be a few outliers which in turn can throw out headline figures. They appear to be related to keying errors. 

What I would like to do is include in my datastep an if statment that will mark an outlier with a Y if it 3 times higher than the average level of turnover in that sector. 

It would be something simple like this;

data i;
set m;
if NET_OPERATING_INCOME_1*(3)>mean_operating_income then outlier='Y';run; 

However, what this does is actually just multiply the variable net_operating_income *3 whereas I just want SAS to mark the observation with a Y anytime a value in net_operating_income_1 is 3 times larger then mean_operating_income.

Any input would be most welcome.

KInd regards,

Sean 

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26
data i;
  set m;
  outlier=ifc(net_operating_income_1 > (mean_operating_income * 3),'Y','N');
run;

You were nearly there - note I use the ifc function rather than if construct for brevity. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation