BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
attakort
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All

I'm use SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 (5.100.0.12019) (32-bit) and found problem on click "Query Builder" appear error below

Problem report created: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:31:22 AM UTC

Application Error

SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem

We recommend that you save your work and restart SAS Enterprise Guide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException

SAS Message:     [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.

Raw Message:     <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model

Target Site:     SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace()

at SAS.EG.MainForm.OpenNewQuery(Query q, Boolean fromTemplate)

at SAS.EG.MainForm.CreateQueryFromActiveData()

at SAS.EG.MainForm.OnDataAdvancedQuery(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please help me

Best Regards,

Attakorn Thongraya

Error-SAS EG.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In the SAS startup options (usually in a SAS configuration file), the -SASUSER option must reference a valid location.  Check with your system administrator to make sure this location is what it should be.

Usually the SAS server process is configured with -RSASUSER, which makes the SASUSER library read-only.  Even so, the option must still point to a valid location.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
attakort
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Chris,

Many Thank Chris,

Best Regards.

Attakorn Thongraya

pathanfahim1986
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Guys ,

I faced same issue last week while trying to login first time using EG 6.1 with 9.4 as server using LDAP mechanism ( domain\userid ).

What I saw was , I logged in to each SAS server using PUTTY once and then it said my home directory got created successfully on server. Once I did that I tried to login through EG and ERROR did not appear again.

As per my view , issue may be with SASUSER library , SASUSER library may be pointing to your home directory on server , but as you never logged in to system your home directory never got created and SASUSER was pointing to "unexist home directory". And so it was throwing error.

Another link I came across is "http://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html"

Let me know your thinking around this.

Regards,

Fahim

Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

Help me how to fix this issue

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation