Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Help me!!! Problem when click "Query Builder"

New Contributor

Help me!!! Problem when click "Query Builder"

Hi All

I'm use SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 (5.100.0.12019) (32-bit) and found problem on click "Query Builder" appear error below

Problem report created: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:31:22 AM UTC

Application Error

SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem

We recommend that you save your work and restart SAS Enterprise Guide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException

SAS Message:     [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.

Raw Message:     <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model

Target Site:     SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace()

at SAS.EG.MainForm.OpenNewQuery(Query q, Boolean fromTemplate)

at SAS.EG.MainForm.CreateQueryFromActiveData()

at SAS.EG.MainForm.OnDataAdvancedQuery(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please help me

Best Regards,

Attakorn Thongraya

Error-SAS EG.jpg
Community Manager

Re: Help me!!! Problem when click "Query Builder"

In the SAS startup options (usually in a SAS configuration file), the -SASUSER option must reference a valid location.  Check with your system administrator to make sure this location is what it should be.

Usually the SAS server process is configured with -RSASUSER, which makes the SASUSER library read-only.  Even so, the option must still point to a valid location.

Chris

New Contributor

Dear Chris,

Many Thank Chris,

Best Regards.

Attakorn Thongraya

Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys ,

I faced same issue last week while trying to login first time using EG 6.1 with 9.4 as server using LDAP mechanism ( domain\userid ).

What I saw was , I logged in to each SAS server using PUTTY once and then it said my home directory got created successfully on server. Once I did that I tried to login through EG and ERROR did not appear again.

As per my view , issue may be with SASUSER library , SASUSER library may be pointing to your home directory on server , but as you never logged in to system your home directory never got created and SASUSER was pointing to "unexist home directory". And so it was throwing error.

Another link I came across is "http://support.sas.com/kb/40/920.html"

Let me know your thinking around this.

Regards,

Fahim

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation