Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Help -New Enterprise Guide User

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Help -New Enterprise Guide User

Let me preface by saying I have never used EG -just Base SAS.  I need to re-run a EG Project that another co-worker created.  The datasource is from SQL Server.  I have tried adding a Libname statement to the beginning of the Project flow, but it doesn't seem to recognize it in the subsequent steps.

Help Please

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-18-2016 01:03 PM
Community Manager

Re: Help -New Enterprise Guide User

He might have had the library assigned in an Autoexec, or as part of his options (Tools->Options->SAS Programs) that submits startup statements.  Or maybe he was connecting to a SAS environment that had the library already as a pre-assigned library.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Grand Advisor

Ok. What error do you get? You may need to add a step where you import/access the data and make it have the same name to let the rest of the project complete. 

Contributor

The error is "ERROR: Unable to get SAS code. The library MD on server Local was not found."  even though the Libname I added was successful

libname FR odbc dsn="FMG Reporting NT Auth" schema=SASMktModelView read_lock_type=nolock read_isolation_level=RU;
NOTE: Libref FR was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: ODBC
Physical Name: FMG Reporting NT Auth

Grand Advisor

The libraries above in error vs libname have different names. 

MD vs FR

Contributor

I didn't even notice that -The user that created this project doesn't remember how he made the connection to the SQL Server, and nowhere in any of the steps do I see any Libname statements -Is there a way via point/click that he could have created these?  He is a Non-SAS user and spent a lot of time on the phone to support is what I am told.  I have tried clicking on everything I can find to duplicate, but have been unsuccessful.  I did find the ODBC connection -but it always causes a 'Not Responding' and forces me to kill the session.

Solution
‎07-18-2016 01:03 PM
Community Manager

He might have had the library assigned in an Autoexec, or as part of his options (Tools->Options->SAS Programs) that submits startup statements.  Or maybe he was connecting to a SAS environment that had the library already as a pre-assigned library.

Contributor

I guess I will browse thru all of his steps and find all the Librefs and pre-allocate Thank you all for your input.

Respected Advisor

If you are more familiar with SAS code you may find it easier to export the EG project to SAS code and diagnose problems there.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation