BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pamela_JSRCC
Quartz | Level 8
I tried to create a line plot graph with variables for Horz, Vert, Group and Group Chart By task roles using the GUI. I have 3 variables for the Group Charts By role, the first of which is STRM. I kept getting the message "ERROR: Data set WORK.SORTTEMPTABLESORTED is not sorted in ascending sequence. The current by-group has STRM = 2082 and the next by-group has STRM = 2064" even though I had sorted the input dataset by the Group Chart By variables.

I copied the code produced by the GUI into an new code window and saw that it was sorting the temp table first by the Group variable before listing the Group Charts By variables. I modified the code to change the sort order so that it sorted first by the Group Chart By variables before the Group variable. When I ran the modified code, it worked as expected, creating a separate chart for each unique combination of the 3 variables, each chart with separte lines for the distinct values in the Group variable.

How can I do this in the GUI?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation