BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm currently using EG 7.12 (point & click - no programming) and when I run a query and eventually use that for a summary report. The problem I'm having is that a period (.) will display in each cell that does not have data and thus it creates a problem when I convert it to Exce and try to sum or filter that column.

Is there a way to adjust options to either show "nothing" or zero when there is no data for a cell)s) in a column/row?

4 REPLIES 4
Loko
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

Usually a period is used in SAS to represent missing numeric values.

Try options missing=''; and see if it helps.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, the problem is with the difference in understanding between SAS and Excel.  SAS represents missing numbers as . to differentiate them from missing character values.  Excel does not.  You have many options here. Setting options missing=''; is one way, though bear in mind it covers your current session only and may cause confusion for other programmers.  You could also change your sum in Excel to be a countif() and count non '.' values.

You could of course also just do a find and replace, or do the summing in SAS, then export the result - rather than using two applications to do one job, or export to Excel as text.  

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Which EG task are you using to get your report?

BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

Summary Tables Wizard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation