BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Is there a way to retrieve style properties for SAS-supplied styles in EG?  Normally one could use the DM command ODSTEMPLATE but there isn't a DM in EG.  Wasn't able to find anything in the menu system.

This is in both EG 4.1 adn 4.3.

Thanks!

--Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, in SAS EG, Tools> Style Manager, save a copy of the style somewhere you want and go play with that. It stores styles as CSS style sheets though I believe.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, in SAS EG, Tools> Style Manager, save a copy of the style somewhere you want and go play with that. It stores styles as CSS style sheets though I believe.

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

That is correct, it does store it as a standard css.  But that will give me the opportunity to compare how 2 style sheets differ.

The underlynig problem is the color selection is different between what's getting displayed in EG vs what appears on the Stored Process server in a web page.  This at least will give me a start.

Thanks, Reeza!

--Ben

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe that EG uses style EGDEFAULT for output (unless you change it), but that stored processes use the default style that's set for each client application for stored process results. So, for example, Web Report Studio might use the SEASIDE style and the Information Delivery Portal might surface the stored process using another style, like DEFAULT or HTMLBLUE, depending on your version of SAS.

You can override the style for MOST client applications (but not all) by using the following options in your stored process:

%LET _ODSSTYLE=SASWEB;

%stpbegin;

....stored process code;

%stpend;

Note that the overrides to the style must occur BEFORE the %STPBEGIN macro invocation. In some instances, this may mean manually adding the overrides to your stored process code. And, not all client applications use the style template from &_ODSSTYLE reserved macro variable. For example, a client application like Web Report Studio only uses styles that are defined in the XML configuration on the middle tier for WRS. So you have to use other methods to change the style of stored process results that are going to be surfaced in WRS.

BTW, to see the list of SAS Style Templates on your server, you can submit this code from within an EG code node:

proc template;

list styles;

run;

cynthia

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the information.  Looking at the templates procedure, I see I can decompile a template(aka, css stylesheet?).  I guess I need now to find where the (in this case) statistical style resides in the path EG uses and compare it to the one the web portal uses, then use the source statement to write out the definitions to the log file.  Then I can compare then to see if they use the same color mappings.

Does this sound reasonable?

--Ben

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'd actually recommend that you work with Tech Support on this. It could be as simple getting your SAS administrator to put a copy of the desired style in the XML style definition that the middle tier uses. But, truly, the SAS-delivered STATISTICAL style should deliver the same results whether you are using EG or through a stored process (as long as the same version of SAS is being used). I think it is more likely that you are 1) either not providing the correct style override to use the STATISTICAL style in your stored process or 2) your SAS/GRAPH code has overrides which cancel out the style info from the template or .... ??? I think it would be easier for you (and probably shorter to debug in the long run) to start out by working with Tech Support instead of comparing style templates.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation