BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bwasicak
Calcite | Level 5

I have EG running on a Windows server and my compute tier is a Linux server.  However; my end users have code all over the place and want to use it from EG.  But when they log in they only see the code in their /home directory on the Linux server.  How can they use code share drives, or the Windows server, or even shared directories on the Linux server?

5 REPLIES 5
bwasicak
Calcite | Level 5

I got it !!!   I was focused on the Server/SASApp/files folder.  I can get to anything on the Windows server or any drives connected to the Windows Server, but I can only see the Linux file structure under my /home directory.  Is there a way to show other directory paths on the Linux Server; which; is the compute tier?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you are on 9.3 or later and working with EGuide there are 4 locations to store sas programs.

- Within your EG project

- On the Windows OS environment

- On the server side OS environment

- Inside the SAS metadata folders (not sure for code but EGP projects does)

Choosing any of combination  is also thinking on the governance of all that. (access rights, app deployment,  backup restore)

You SASinitial folder on Unix is commonly your home dir.  Same as Windows mydocuments.

You are missing an easy shortcut away from that to where everything is really stored.

I you can modify the appservercontext_env_usermods.sh   script in ?/Lev-/SASapp

You could add:

umask 002 # Setting of umask as default overwriting to one  inhiritid form the sassrv (spawner) key.

export yrapploc=<your application location>    # folder name of eg /SASApp/files

export yrappnam=SASApp
     unlink ~/${yrappnam}
     ln -s ${yrapploc} ~/${yrappnam}

The unlink ln combination will generate only the first time usage a note

the ln command will cause a folder in your home-dir that points to the real location.

Having those export is getting those names available in the sas session. Either by using the ! in filenames or retrieving with a sysget function.

The disadvantage with this that you will find in a EGP the link to sources with the personal name in it (not the real location).

using an %include statement as code will work well,

Browsing using the sas explorer will work fine.

The default location of the WS can be changed to root  ( ''/' ). This has the disadvantage all of the machine is becoming visible.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Your SAS program on Linux (unix) you can view any file that the process has rights to by knowing its path. 

The real question is have your Linux administrators installed software such as SAMBA or NFS that will allow them to mount Windows shares as if they were regular Unix disks.  If they have then you just need to know where they are mounted.  So from Windows you might know a directory as \\server1\share1\  and on Unix they might have mounted that as /vol/windows_shares/server1/share1

u58814865
Calcite | Level 5

A mounted samba drive between Linux or windows the AD security or permission will be inherited or not.

Thanks  

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

A linux system can be integrated to an Active Directory service. But for a specific case your Linux administrator can give a proper advice.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation