Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Format Date

Contributor

Format Date

I have SAS Enterprise Guide 3.4.  I am trying to change the date format to 1/1/2013.  Every format I pick the results are ********.  Is there another place to change the date format to 1/1/2013 -  MMDDYYYYY

Grand Advisor

Re: Format Date

Sometimes the ******** shows up because the display columns are to narrow to display the 10 characters of the formatted result. If you can create a wider column to display the values that could correct the issue. You don't mention where you are seeing this so only a guess.

Contributor

The column is wide enough.  I am in the query builder and I click on a date field and it gives me the option to change format.  Presently, there is nothing in the format and the results show 01MAR2013:00:00:00.  I want to show 3/1/2013 but when I choose one of the other date formats, all I get is ****** no matter how big the column.

Grand Advisor

You have a date time variable, not a date variable.

You need a format such as dtdate9.  or dtmmddyy10. to show the date.

Contributor

dtmmddyy10 is not one of the options in the dropdown list under the date time

Community Manager

Here are some to try on for size:

IS8601DN10.

MDYAMPM27.

DTDATE9.

Beyond that, you have more date-related formatting options with a DATE variable, which you can get by running the data through Query Builder and calculate a new column with the DATEPART() function.

Chris

Contributor

I did finally use a calculated column - put(datepart(cl_eff_frm_dt), mmddyy10.)

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation