BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

Per the SAS support page for Problem Note 61144 (SAS Enterprise Guide might crash when you autoselect a line of code), the required fix - a Windows 10 .NET issue, not a SAS issue - was released in the "Windows 10 April 2018 Update".

We are trying to figure out if our company has in fact pushed out to our computers the exact update in which the fix was released, as it seems that we've had at least one user still encounter the problem late last year or earlier this year. I would like to verify if this should be considered resolved at my company or if I need to address it further with our I.T. department (they don't apply every patch, just those that are applicable to our environment - if they know it's applicable). If we do in fact have the patch applied, then this user may have a different issue going on that we need to address.

Our I.T. department has provided me with a list of April 2018 patches that were applied to our computers, but of course the list doesn't specify "fix issue that broke SAS EG" in the patch description. So, I would like to know in which Microsoft "Bulletin" the fix was released (e.g. MS18-04-W10-4093109) AND whether it was part of a Microsoft "feature update", "security update", or some other type of MS update. I'm hoping that someone at SAS will know the answer to this since someone had to document it at SAS, or someone else in the SAS Communities world will know, and I won't have to try to play a guessing game with Microsoft Support to find the answer.

Thank you

~Tamara
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

That is correct.  Microsoft fixed this issue in their Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), so you would have to be on that Windows 10 version (1803) or later to get the fix.

However, I do not know if there is a bulletin or KB article associated with the specific fix.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

We are on Windows 10 1703, released 11 Apr 2017 and we have this problem. I think you would need to be on at least Windows 10 1803 to avoid it. I'm curious to know what version you are running on. 

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

That is correct.  Microsoft fixed this issue in their Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), so you would have to be on that Windows 10 version (1803) or later to get the fix.

However, I do not know if there is a bulletin or KB article associated with the specific fix.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Casey. I'll pass the version number on to my I.T. person and have him look into it from there. I appreciate the quick reply!

~Tamara
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for responding! I just checked my computer and it's running v1703. Based on your comment and that of @CaseySmith, I'm going to ask our I.T. department if we can update to v1803. They have reasons for their update policies, of course, but hopefully I can convince them to apply this update.

~Tamara

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation