06-11-2014 10:47 AM
When running some code within Enterprise Guide I get the note Numeric values have been converted to character values at the place given by...".
Unfortunately the code is not displayed in the log window and it is not easy to track it (as it is, for example, within Sas-Windows environment).
Also it seems that the log file keeps increasing but I don't know its physical location - how can i find it?
Please check also the attahed file with a piece of the log.
06-11-2014 12:03 PM
I am interested in finding out is Enterprise Guide may display something similar with Sas Windows. The code is so large and it is not so easy to
track the note under these circumstances.
06-11-2014 12:50 PM
When I run code on EG my log still shows the code, plus a whole lot of EG added in additions.
It's more difficult but not impossible.
There's a project log and a task log, make sure you're looking at only the task log when debugging.
06-11-2014 01:25 PM
Agree, I use the EG task log and it works well for me. You can turn off some of the EG wrapper code.
I would check options NOTES, MPRINT if you are in macro land, etc. Perhaps you could show more of the EG log you are seeing? Maybe submit:
proc print data=a;
and show the log from that?
Another option is to use PROC PRINTTO to send the log to a file. That way you definitely know where the log is, etc. And you can choose whether to review it outside of EG. Or send it back to display in EG with a data _null_ step.
06-11-2014 03:04 PM
Yep, not only colored for old-school, but was very happy when I started with EG and realized how easy it was to color the log for my personal standard of old school (errors and warnings reversed):
And all my old school keyboard macros came in too, just exported the keyboard macro file from DM SAS, and imported into EG.
06-11-2014 04:59 PM
SAS Enterprise Guide displays the log of a SAS program. However maybe somewhere within the code the echoing of the source code has been switched off. Have a look at the following sample code, it shows how to switch off the echoing of the source code to the log. All you will get is the message about converting numeric to character but no source code.