Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

File transfer from windows to linux using SAS code or SAS EG task

Contributor

File transfer from windows to linux using SAS code or SAS EG task

Hello,

I have SAS 9 installed on unix . I use SAS EG for coding . I want to know if there is anyway (except Import taks in SAS EG) to transfer files from windows to unix using SAS code .

New Contributor

Re: File transfer from windows to linux using SAS code or SAS EG task

there is an ftp add-in task for enterprise guide here There and back again: copying files in SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy.  At the bottom of the comments is also a way to use your WORK libraries to move files to/from your PC to server (using the %sysfunc(pathname(WORK)) format).

N/A

I suggest using the X command in open SAS code in an EG program node to execute a Unix file copy from the Windows file location to Unix.  Doing it the other way (from Unix to SAS on Windows) I have a script in WinSCP and call that script to do the file transfer.

Syntax is : x 'c:\path\ftprun.cmd'; where ftprun.cmd runs my winscp script.

Works like a charm.

Contributor

Can you explain a little in detail what is your script ? is it standard script given by SAS or customized per your requirment .

does it work for the shared network drives also ?

Contributor

A long-term approach is a shared drive.

We have a Samba share of 100GB mounted to our SAS LINUX servers. In Windows 7, users map a drive letter automatically to this \\server\folder location when they login to the LAN.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation