BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BKindle
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have SAS (Enterprise Guide 6.1) installed on a remote SAS server with no local server available.  With that being said, is it possible to programatically pass data from one environment to the other (e.g. import data with proc import or export data with ODS)?  Or is it only possible to accomplish this using SAS's built in wizards (e.g. file > import data)?  I apologize for my ignorance as I am new to Enterprise Guide.

Here is a simple example of something I would like to do:

/* Running on SASApp Remote Server */

Data test;

set sashelp.class;

run;

ods _all_ close;

ods pdf file = "C:\Users\Test.pdf";

proc report data = test nowd;

run;

ods pdf close;

ods listing;

/* End of Code */

I get an error in the log saying: "ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access C:\Users\Test.pdf"

Is it possible to make a code like this work given that SAS EG is only installed remotely?  In case it makes a difference, I do appear to have SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC files liscensed. 

Any guidance you all can offer would be much appreciated and please let me know if additional information is needed.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

References to files will have to be in relation to how the server sees them. When you reference "C:\xxx" you are telling the server to look at its own C drive, not yours.

You'll likely need to work with your SAS admin and possibly IT to get permissions and assignments set up.

Reeza
Super User

You'll need to create the file on a path you have access to on your server and then download the resulting file.  There's some posts by Chris Hemedinger

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/

There's a custom task that enables this, but I'm not sure if there's a programattic way of achieving this as well.

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2015/03/12/enterprise-guide-71-tasks/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation