BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAS_Ryan
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm fairly new to EG, but experienced as a Base programmer. I've got a bunch of SAS Projects I'd like to convert to SAS Programs. When I click "Export All Code in Project," I'm able to generate code from the project, but I'm finding items missing from the process flow, such as an export step from a SAS table to .csv file. So two questions:

1. Am I just not doing the conversion to code correctly? Or are there inherently some process flow steps that won't convert to program code?

2. If some process flow steps simply don't convert to code, what other type items should I watch out for beyond the .csv export steps?

It seems crazy to me that .csv exports wouldn't convert to code. They're easy enough to write in code, and I can, I'd just prefer to use automation if possible.

Using SAS EG 7.13HF3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Ryan
Fluorite | Level 6

Maybe I'll somewhat answer my own question here: When running Base SAS at my previous job, exporting .csv files to a Windows folder location was no issue because well SAS was on Windows. Using EG, with the SAS server on UNIX, I'm unable to post to the Windows folder because the SAS code is getting executed in UNIX, not locally.

Ultimately the .csv files are going into Excel reports, so as a workaround instead of importing .csv files I can just use the SAS addin for Excel to connect directly to the .sas7bdat files in UNIX, and skip the .csv files entirely. I'm sure there are many ways to do it, but this might work. Still learning to think in EG instead of Base...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SAS_Ryan
Fluorite | Level 6

Maybe I'll somewhat answer my own question here: When running Base SAS at my previous job, exporting .csv files to a Windows folder location was no issue because well SAS was on Windows. Using EG, with the SAS server on UNIX, I'm unable to post to the Windows folder because the SAS code is getting executed in UNIX, not locally.

Ultimately the .csv files are going into Excel reports, so as a workaround instead of importing .csv files I can just use the SAS addin for Excel to connect directly to the .sas7bdat files in UNIX, and skip the .csv files entirely. I'm sure there are many ways to do it, but this might work. Still learning to think in EG instead of Base...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation