BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Integration technologies failed to retrieve the log. 
Unable to cast COM object of type ‘SAS.LanguageServiceClass‘ 
to interface type ‘SAS.ILanguageService_1_1‘. This operation 
failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for 
the interface with IID‘{C32A4D4B-410D-9669-97F241D3435A} ‘ failed 
due to the following error: No such interface supported 
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Has anyone came across this error, 

trying to run a macro that stacks together 100 datasets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

user did a silly mistake and he corrrected it thanks all for you time !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ballardw
Super User

Do you get a similar error if you try to do your process for 2 files? 50?

You may have to share some code to see what you are actually doing as there are multiple ways to stack datasets and there could well be some significant differences in the system resources needed.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
I let know you ballardw, thanks.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

same error..! @ballardw

Quentin
Super User

Do you see any other (earlier) errors in the log?  All I could find with google is http://support.sas.com/kb/40/671.html .  I would suggest contacting tech support. 

Curious, are the 100 datasets you are stacking together SAS datasets? Or are you pulling data from some relational database?  Maybe check to see if you can read each of the 100 datasets.  Maybe see if you can stack together all 100 datasets, reading just one record from each.  But those are just random ideas...  It really looks like a "SAS is broken"  type note. 

You could also try batch submitting the code, instead of submitting it via EG, since that would avoid Integration Technologies (I think).

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I suspect that something in the macro is causing SAS to end or crash.  You might need to retrieve the server-side log to get more details.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Can you tell me where can I see the server side log ?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you running on a SAS environment that's remote?  That is, on another machine?  If so, your SAS Admin might need to turn on some server-side Workspace logging to gather those logs.

In this error you report, it looks like the Language Service "crashed" but maybe left the remainder of the SAS session running.  This is an unusual situation.  Can you share:

- version of SAS (reported by &SSYVLONG)

- version of EG

- the macro program you're running (if not proprietary) and any log output it generates.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

user did a silly mistake and he corrrected it thanks all for you time !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation