BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tmcrouse
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS and have my proc sql; statement and my connection statement however when I run all the way to the disconnect and quit I get this error:

The DB2 engine cannot be found

A connection to the DB2 DBMS is currently not supported or not installed on your site.

I have tried to go through the documentation to see if I can figure out how to fix it but not having any success. I suspect that my desktop support folks did not load or connect something correctly when loading my SAS. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

Which way are you using to connect DB2?

ODBC or SAS/Access to DB2. But both of ways need you to installl DB2 customer software firstly.

From your log, it looks like you don't set up it.

Ksharp

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you search the SAS support site for your problem you will find many references to your problem including this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/510.html

So it could be SAS/ACCESS to DB2 is not licensed. Run PROC SETINIT to check if it is or not.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Here's another easy way to see what SAS products you have licensed/installed.

In the Server List window, expand the SAS server you want to check (for example, SASApp).  Right-click on the server icon and select Properties.

In the Properties window, select the Software tab.  Then click View SAS Server Products.  The SAS Server Products window appears, like so:

prods.png

It's not an exhaustive list of all products, but it does cover the most common set.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation