Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Error on SAS connection

Contributor

Error on SAS connection

I am using SAS and have my proc sql; statement and my connection statement however when I run all the way to the disconnect and quit I get this error:

The DB2 engine cannot be found

A connection to the DB2 DBMS is currently not supported or not installed on your site.

I have tried to go through the documentation to see if I can figure out how to fix it but not having any success. I suspect that my desktop support folks did not load or connect something correctly when loading my SAS. Any advice?

Super User

Error on SAS connection

Which way are you using to connect DB2?

ODBC or SAS/Access to DB2. But both of ways need you to installl DB2 customer software firstly.

From your log, it looks like you don't set up it.

Ksharp

Super User

Error on SAS connection

If you search the SAS support site for your problem you will find many references to your problem including this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/510.html

So it could be SAS/ACCESS to DB2 is not licensed. Run PROC SETINIT to check if it is or not.

Community Manager

Error on SAS connection

Here's another easy way to see what SAS products you have licensed/installed.

In the Server List window, expand the SAS server you want to check (for example, SASApp).  Right-click on the server icon and select Properties.

In the Properties window, select the Software tab.  Then click View SAS Server Products.  The SAS Server Products window appears, like so:

prods.png

It's not an exhaustive list of all products, but it does cover the most common set.

Chris

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation