BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Magi79
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to run a very simple data step in EG but I always received the following message from the automatic sas macro:

No idea how to get rid of it:

1 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;

2 ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

3 OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN;

4 %_eg_restorenotesandsource;

5 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;

7 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='Program2';

8 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='K:\DATA\EG projects\Data_Collection_SERVER - DRAFT2.egp';

9 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME='Data_Collection_SERVER - DRAFT2.egp';

10 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

____________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE 49-169: The meaning of an identifier after a quoted string might change in a future SAS release. Inserting white space

between a quoted string and the succeeding identifier is recommended.

12 ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

13 OPTIONS DEV=ACTIVEX;

14 GOPTIONS XPIXELS=0 YPIXELS=0;

15 FILENAME EGSR TEMP;

16 ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) FILE=EGSR STYLE=Seaside

16 ! STYLESHEET=(URL="file:///Q:/RU044873.001/VFS/SFT_PROGRAM_FILES_X64/SASHome/x86/SASEnterpriseGuide/5.1/Styles/Seaside.css"

16 ! ) NOGTITLE NOGFOOTNOTE GPATH=&sasworklocation ENCODING=UTF8 options(rolap="on");

NOTE 49-169: The meaning of an identifier after a quoted string might change in a future SAS release. Inserting white space

between a quoted string and the succeeding identifier is recommended.

18 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;

19 %_eg_restorenotesandsource;

21 /* Insert custom code before submitted code here */

25 data test;

26 i=1;

27 run;

29 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;

31 GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE;

32 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=;

33 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=;

34 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=;

35 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;

37 ;*';*";*/;quit;run;

38 ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

40 %_eg_restorenotesandsource;

43 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;

44 QUIT; RUN;

2 The SAS System 09:15 Tuesday, February 9, 2016

45 %_eg_restorenotesandsource;

8 REPLIES 8
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I'm wondering if maybe you have a character set issue. When I have this problem, I try this:

1. Copy your code to MS Word.

2. In Word, do "Save As..."

3. Select a type of "Plain Text"

4. In the "File Conversion" screen, pick "Windows (Default)"

Open this file in Notepad, and then copy it back into EG. Try running it, and see what happens.

Tom

Cyclops
Calcite | Level 5

This same error message has been bedevilling me. I never get it the first time I run a program. But at some point, when I return to a program and re-run it, SAS (EG) gets it into its brain that I am creating a long character string. I can't figure it out. And the only thing that works is to exit EG entirely and then restart the application -- painful when you are 3/4 of the way into a long process. I think I most often experience this when I am calling a macro from another program with the "include" statement.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Try this:

options noquotelenmax;
HappySASUE
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, did you solve this problem? it is a pain for me. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This option will suppress the note:

options noquotelenmax;
ARodriguez23219
Calcite | Level 5

This error and another that gets contemporaneously shown on the same log regarding breaching 256 bytes can be rubbish.  I spent over an hour trying to debug and couldn't find anything wrong whatsoever.  I bounced it off other successful macros I've written.  I was pulling my hair out.  I then decided to close the EG session, restart, and run again.  The macro ran as intended with zero errors.  There is something else going on with SAS and this error.  Please escalate! This was painful for absolutely no reason.

mwalmsley24
Calcite | Level 5

I get exactly the same......macro runs fine if I open new session with exactly the same code.

Once error occurs, you cannot run any further code or even a simple query in that session without the error occurring.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That message is a NOTE, not an error and will not prevent further SAS processing. If you are unable to run further code then an unbalanced quote is likely to have occurred and the note is merely a symptom of this.

If you want us to diagnose your code please post your log, preferably in a new post. You can always reference this post in your new one if you like.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 7 in conversation