Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Error Happens When Scheduled Project Runs (EG 7.1)

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error Happens When Scheduled Project Runs (EG 7.1)

Just as background... i run several projects through task scheduler on Windows 10... I have been scheduling projects in SAS for years like this and have never had this issue before... and i have no earthly idea what it means or what i should do.  The scheduler triggers the project... and the screenshot below comes up and the project never ended up running.  To note... i can pull up the project manually and it runs flawless.

Can someone lend some advice to me on how to fix this?  It's driving me crazy and I have googled this for hours.

Thanks in advance!

SAS.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-06-2017 04:47 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Error Happens When Scheduled Project Runs (EG 7.1)

It looks like the Path.GetTempFileName method call is failing on your computer.  If you follow that link you'll see a possible cause for this:

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if it is used to create more than 65535 files without deleting previous temporary files.

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if no unique temporary file name is available. To resolve this error, delete all unneeded temporary files.

So, try cleaning up the temporary files in your user temp directory.

(Make sure you cleanup the temp files for the user that the scheduled task is running as.)

(Type %temp% in the path field of Windows Explorer and press Enter to quickly navigate to the user temp directory for the currently logged in user.)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-06-2017 04:47 PM
SAS Super FREQ

It looks like the Path.GetTempFileName method call is failing on your computer.  If you follow that link you'll see a possible cause for this:

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if it is used to create more than 65535 files without deleting previous temporary files.

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if no unique temporary file name is available. To resolve this error, delete all unneeded temporary files.

So, try cleaning up the temporary files in your user temp directory.

(Make sure you cleanup the temp files for the user that the scheduled task is running as.)

(Type %temp% in the path field of Windows Explorer and press Enter to quickly navigate to the user temp directory for the currently logged in user.)

Contributor

Posted in reply to CaseySmith

My sincer apologies for my late reply.  I was called out of town suddenly and just now getting back into town.

I have to tell you that i was dumbfounded to read your reply... little did i realize that i had over 90K temp files in my directory.  Once i whiped the files out... all of the scheduled projects started running again.

You are the absolute bomb.  I swear i was loosing my mind for a while there... and you helped me out of the swamp!  Thank you so much as this did indeed fix the issue.

Dean

SAS Super FREQ

Dean, I'm glad to hear that resolved your issue!

Casey

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation