Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Error: Could not find part of path....

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error: Could not find part of path....

While working in any project, I receive an error message that EG could not find part of the temp path.  This most often happens when another application starts (MS Excel, Toad, MS Access, etc.).   Otherwise, I have not noticed this error and EG operates, saves, and closes normally. 

I understand that EG creates these files as a local cache in a temporary location and saves the project back to the SAS sever when the project is saved or closed correctly. 

Local IT and UG do not have an explanation.  Is this a known issue or something peculiar to my installation?  Is there a way to change where temp files are located?

EG Version 7.11 HF3 (7.100.1.2805) (32-bit)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a week ago
Super User

Re: Error: Could not find part of path....

Posted in reply to RAW_newbie

This type of error is one SAS Tech Support is best suited to investigate. Please open a track if you haven't done so already. Intermittent problems are always the trickiest to fix.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
a week ago
Super User

This type of error is one SAS Tech Support is best suited to investigate. Please open a track if you haven't done so already. Intermittent problems are always the trickiest to fix.

Occasional Contributor

A ticket was opened with Support.

It was suggested the "config file" seguide.exe.config  should be altered to direct EG to use a different location for temporary files.

Being the laptop is company property, IT directed the use of C:\Users\myPlace which did not produce satisfactory results.  EG did not perform well and occasionally crashed when opening projects.

The final location used was c:\SAS_Temp.  EG performs well with the temp files in this location and the path is not lost when the Windows Task Scheduler starts other applications. 

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation