Desktop productivity for business analysts and programmers

Enterprise guide pop up

Contributor

Enterprise guide pop up

Hi Experts,

I am getting a pop up in EG while changing little part of an existing code and running it.

The pop up is looks the attached here.popup.png

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thanks

Super User

Re: Enterprise guide pop up

Posted in reply to suchismita

Sounds like you may have the file open in more than one place or someone else is using the file while you're trying to work with it.

Is any of that possible?

Contributor

I checked that option when I first saw this popup  but this file I am opening belong to my own restricted folder and no one else can access that.

Just to let you know , I am on EG 7.1, are you on EG 7.1?

Have you ever seen this popup on EG 7.1?

Super User

Multiple EG sessions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Not necessarily multiple session , i get it even in single session in EG 7.1.

Are you on EG 7.1 ?

Super User

Does something in the program try to modify itself then?

Check your filename references.

Super User

I've seen this pop-up when I open any file that's in a project with another application.

eg a .ods file with LibreOffice.

Working with 7.1 snd 7.15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to post code
SAS Super FREQ

That notification is intended to warn you when a file has been altered outside of EG, so you do not unintentionally clobber some other person or processes changes. However, there have been some rare cases where that notification was incorrectly displayed (false positives) (ex. problems getting back accurate last modified timestamp). First, I would make sure you have the latest EG version and latest update, since improvements have been made to that feature along the way.

If you are certain this is a false positive and prefer to turn off the feature altogether (though do so at your own risk, since you will no longer be notified of true positives either), you can do so (starting in EG 7.15) by adding this config file option to your SEGuide.exe.config file (in the EG installation directory):

<appSettings>
    <add key="DisableFileChangeNotification" value="true" />
  </appSettings>

Note: Make sure to remove the comment block (<!-- and -->) from around the default <appSettings> element in SEGuide.exe.config.

Casey

Contributor

Posted in reply to CaseySmith

I have already tried this. It gives me another kind of pop-up. and strange thing it is happening to some of .sas files that was created earlier.

If I create a new .sas file and save it and then make any changes  , it does not pop up at that time.

Any idea why this can happen?

Super User

Two ideas:

• are the .sas files located on a mounted network share?
  • do you have some kind of versioning/source control system for them?
How to post code
Contributor

They are on a common path. But i am not editing them from the common path. 

I am first copying them to my own path and then trying edit and run them. That time i getting the pop-up.

We do not have any version controlling.

Super User

Well, these were the last ideas I had. As I think this i not intended behaviour, I suggest you bring this to the attention of SAS technical support. It's either a real (if small) bug in EG, or some weird interaction with some software (AV?) running in the background, which could justify a note in the knowledge base.

How to post code
Contributor

@KurtBremser Thank you. 

What I observed is if I am writing a new code, saving it in my path and then editing  and running it. It never pops up with the mentioned notification.

But if I am trying to edit a code which is already existing in a path and running it , I am getting the pop-up. Though i am copying the code to my own path and making changes there (as I mentioned earlier) , I will still get the pop-up.

Will this help you to find what is cause?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation